The Themes are files that work together to create the design and functionality of your website. Each Theme may be different, offering many choices for site owners to instantly change their website look. Our software supports themes which allow you to easily change the look and feel of your web-site. The way it works is with a master layout file and multiple partials that share presentation logic between different layouts.
Creating a themeTo create your first theme it is a good idea to look at the default theme and see how it works. You might even like to copy it and tweak it to create your own. You may wish to develop your own Themes for your own use, for a client project or to customize it.
Why else should you build a unique Theme?
- To create a unique look for your website.
- To take advantage of templates, template tags, and generate different website results and looks.
- To provide alternative templates for specific site features, such as gallery module, news modules and search result pages.
- To quickly switch between two site layouts, or to take advantage of a template management to allow site owners to change the look of your site.
- It separates the presentation styles and template files from the system files so the site will upgrade without drastic changes to the visual presentation of the site.
- It allows for customization of the site functionality unique to that Theme.
- It allows for quick changes of the visual design and layout of your website.
- It removes the need for a typical site owner to have to learn CSS, HTML, and PHP in order to have a great-looking website.
Why should you build your own Theme? That's the real question.
- It's an opportunity to learn more about CSS, HTML, and PHP.
- It's an opportunity to put your expertise with CSS, HTML, and PHP to work.
- It's creative.
- It's fun (most of the time).
- If you release it to the public, you can feel good that you shared and gave something back to the Eicra Community
Theme Development Standards